Sunday 16 July 2017

Busy and some motorcycling

Its been a busy week, picked up the Mk3 Commando from one of my storage locations and my cylinder head from Derek at Engine Resource in Dundee, work started immediately to get the Mk3 ready for an MOT, a service, clean and a check over took until Thursday, some work on my old van to get it also ready for its MOT. Friday a trip to Cherrybank garage to get the bike and van MOT'd, some minor issues with the van which was expected so i took the bike to do some visiting, tax it and by then the van was ready, not a bad morning, 2 vehicles MOT'd and taxed and all by 10.30am.
One good bit of news is my MK3 Commando is now over 40 years old so eligible for historic tax, it was easier than I thought, into the Post Office with my logbook (V5) with a change of taxation class filled in and signed, hand it over with the new mot, a few keystrokes later I got my slip back (The PO will send off the logbook to the DVLA) and tax for a year all for £0 , I smiled, at last all my Nortons are Historic tax now so cost nothing. One good thing about this is I will hopefully be more inclined to have more of the fleet on the road since all it'll cost me is the cost of an MOT test, result!
Today (Sunday) we had an early blast down towards Biggar to see some of the guys from the Vintage club start one of their runs, a brief chat with a few of the guys and a look at the nice bikes topped off with a bacon roll and cup of tea at The Big Red Barn, colder than expected but a great way to spend a Sunday morning.
We have been dog sitting for the last 3 weeks (not my idea!!) so today the dog was returned to its rightful owners, I'm sure it is happy but not as happy as me, a dog in a very small house isn't fair on any of the parties, I'll be sweeping hairs up for the next year I think, mind you it was good at lying outside the garage when I was working and scaring away small children and pests. Normal life has been resumed.

A trio of Nortons at our disposal today
But we took these two
Nice Velo 
A Panther, 600cc single made in Yorkshire, don't challenge the Panther Owners Club to a 5 a side football match (A joke any Bike readers who admired Paul Sample's work will remember)
Honda's are classic now...
Nice pre war Sunbeam with it's STD numberplate 
Gorgeous
George Ogg's Velo wearing it's tea cosy
AJS special was interesting
Nice line up
Ariel Red Hunter I think
Plenty Velo Fellow's
BSA A10
Norton & BSA compete for attention
I suspect there has been polishing going on here
The leap of faith
Ready for the off
BSA Single
Scott two stroke making moves
And they're off
Steady
The numberplate could be a ticket from the sexual diseases clinic
For Bert
George shouting abuse
Flat tanker getting an assisted start (Mind you a modern BMW also had to get push started!)
I think a beard is compulsory for membership to the Panther club
If you can't bring your classic bike why not tag along in your classic car, very nice

No comments:

Post a Comment